Exposed beams and a wood burning stove add to the charm of this delightful cottage.
Large open plan ground floor reception room with fully equipped kitchen/diner and comfortable seating. 2 small steps lead to double bedroom (ensuite toilet and basin), twin bedroom, single bedroom and bathroom with shower over bath.
A separate ground floor annexe bedroom with twin beds, ensuite shower, toilet and basin is available for an extra charge. One occupant must be over 16 years old.
Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the surrounding Blackdown Hills from the privacy of the enclosed patio. Plenty of birds to watch, space for children to play, stunning views all round.
Dogs (max 2) by arrangement.
Video on our website
Fantastic location in countryside; easy drive to coast
Owners live on site
Good walking straight from the front door
Plenty of space for children to play
Complimentary Cream Tea with home made scones and jam
Communal laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer available to all guests.
Outdoor drying facilities.
Cot and highchair available - please request in advance.
Large area of grass for children to play in.
Lots of very good walking in the area either in the country lanes and fields surrounding us, or along the coastal paths.
Explore the historic city of Exeter, visit large gardens and stately homes. Approximately one hour drive to Dartmoor and Exmoor.
Eat delicious locally produced food.
Visit the seaside towns of Sidmouth, Beer and Lyme Regis.
• Located in the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that has been practically untouched by time and discovered by very few.
• Beautiful views, birds, wild animals and flowers.
• The Jurassic Coast and many attractions of Devon, Somerset and Dorset are only a short drive away.
• Nearest town is Honiton – plenty of history, shops, cafes and restaurants.
• Upottery is a very pleasant walk (about 45 minutes) along quiet lanes, across fields and beside the river, alternatively only about 5 minutes drive by car.
• Local pub serves good food and 'Otter' beer; children and dogs are welcome.
When a booking is made detailed directions are sent to you. . We greet you personally and show you into the cottage.
We won't charge you yet
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
Booking conditions can be found at the foot of any page on our website.
If you have to cancel your holiday you must notify us immediately in writing and by telephone. In case of cancellation your deposit is forfeited. We will make every effort to re-let the accommodation but if we are not successful, or we cannot re-let it for the same price, you will remain responsible for the balance of the cost. If you have paid the full amount we will retain 25% of the payment and only return the remaining 75% if we are successful in re-letting the accommodation. We take a £50 administration charge plus any advertising costs from any money refunded. We suggest you take out cancellation insurance.
If we have to cancel your holiday, and we have no alternative accommodation to offer, we will refund any monies you have paid.
Prices are for hire of the cottage and include all bed linen, towels, heating & electricity
3 nights = 70% of 7 nights. 4 nights= 80% of 7 nights.
Flexible start dates out of the high season
Short breaks available at most times of the year
Mrs. Suzanne Gray
I speak: English
My name is Suzanne and I have lived with my family in this beautiful part of the country since 2004. There is so much to see and do and I love sharing it with our visitors. I live on site and am happy to help you have a very special holiday.