50 square metre loft conversion with its own entrance, ground floor, only a few steps from an enchanting garden with secluded seats.
Our completely equipped holiday apartment with a new kitchenette (including dishwasher, Ceranfeld, oven, microwave, coffee pad machine, kettle, toaster, coffee pads/tea/spices/vinegar/oil etc., washer-dryer), seating area, with armchair and daybed full of cushions, reading lamp and reading materials about Bochum and the Ruhr region, TV, internet-radio and free WiFi, glass table with antique chairs and a sleeping area with a 160 x 200 bed with a good quality mattress and oversize bed-covers (155 x 220), a new bathroom with ground-level shower including lots of towels, hair-dryer, storage area, everyday aids (e.g. iron etc.), "maxi-bar" with Bochum beer, vineyard wine, mineral water, soft drinks, offers you a temporary home full of light and colours where you can relax and recharge your batteries after your activities in the Ruhr area.
The Ruhr area is no longer grey because of its mines and factories; if you keep your eyes peeled you will discover the signs of change with every step you take.
Old factories are now home to art and cultural centres, museums, and parks full of surprises.
You will be welcomed with open arms, and you can go on your own journey of discovery!
- Bermuda3eck Bochum (pubs and restaurant quarter)
- Mining museum of Bochum (the largest mining museum in the world and Germany's most-visited museum)
Landschaftspark Duisburg Nord (once an ironworks, now an exciting adventure park)
- StarlightMusical in Bochum, concert halls in Bochum, Dortmund,Essen
- Trade fairs in Dortmund, Essen und Düsseldorf
- DASA in Dortmund ( please google this, an exhibition on health and safety, sounds boring but it is fascinating!!!)
- Duisburg Port (one of the largest domestic ports in the world)
- and there is more so that I could continue this list until the cows come home, there is a lot to see and to do, seriously!!
The city area of Bochum-Altenbochum is situated so to speak right in the middle of the "Ruhrpott", ideally located for forays and discovery tours of the old industrial routes, inner cities with museums, theatres, cultural festivals.
You can find supermarkets, bakers, restaurants, playgrounds and bus-stops for the local public transport nearby, all in walkable distance.
All the motorways, (A40,42,43,44,45), are easy to get to. It is only 3km to the city centre and the same to the Starlight Musical and the mining museum.
-by car, free parking on the surrounding streets
-by train; we can come and collect you upon request. In addition you can also take the tram to the stop 600 m away from us.
- by taxi from the main train station, cost approx € 8 - 10
The host has specified no cancellation policy.
Mrs. Birthe Hauschopp
I speak: German, English and Dutch
In my "Unerwartet" (unexpected) holiday flat I have put all my great ideas into practice. These are ideas that I have seen in holiday flats, and whatever I did not like about it was left out. I am looking forward to welcoming my guests!!