The Irota EcoLodge premises consist of three spacious, luxurious and well-equipped holiday villas and a shared natural swimming pool (size 6x16m). The Upper House described here is the House with its modern and bright design. Due to its L-shape, the house has by far the biggest terrace of all three and offers an unspoilt view on the valley. Behind the gate in front of the house you will find ample parking space.
You enter through the entrance hall with its wooden bench, then you proceed to the large living room with its big fireplace, its glass wall facing the huge terrace and its generously dimensioned open kitchen, all designed in light and green colours. The furniture has all been locally ordered and produced, while the kitchen has everything you need to make a simple - or very elaborated meal. From here, you get to both downstairs bedrooms, each with their own bathroom and closets made of previously used materials. One bathroom is equipped with a bathtub, while the wheelchair-accessible bathroom has a shower. From both bedrooms you have direct access to the terrace with its free view on the valley, which in turn leads to the stairs offering access to the lawn. From the living room, the wooden stairs lead to the cosy reading corner and the spare bedroom. All three bedrooms have two beds, which can be used as single beds or converted into double beds, according to your own wishes. In the utility room you will find a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner and other utensils for daily housekeeping purposes.
The terrace has a comfortable outside table with 6 chairs and boasts a lounge bed, for which you will find comfortable covers in the house. From the lawn, a shared boardwalk will get you to the swimming pool. Next to the back door, there are outdoor cooking facilities at your disposal: a grill and a stove for the quintessential Hungarian experience: the ‘bogrács’ (kettle) used to make your own goulash.
Irota EcoLodge is not just ecological by name. We did our utmost to minimize the environmental impact of our holiday resort. Here are the main features:
- The walls are made of wooden-frames in which cellulose, made of used newspaper, has been blown as insulation material. On the outside, wooden soft board plates have been used to increase thermal insulation
- The thick and damp-open insulation, combined with triple glazing, ensures a pleasant inside climate, both in winter and summer. Air condition not needed!
- In winter, the villas are heated by a stove using locally grown firewood
- Rainwater is collected from the roof and used to flush the toilets and to operate the washing machine. On top of that, we use rainwater in the central utility building to wash your bed linen
- Each villa is equipped with a biological wastewater treatment unit that uses bacteria to clean the water
- Hot water is generated by sun collectors, electricity by solar panels
- The swimming pool has a separate reservoir in which reed cleans the water. No chemicals are used!
- Not only do we hope that you will have a nice time, but we also want to prove that luxury and ecology go well together! We are happy to provide you with more detailed information on how we have minimized the environmental impact of the resort.
The natural beauty of the Cserehát region, of which Irota is called the gateway, is located on the south side of the Hungarian-Slovak border and is defined by the Sajó, Bódva and Hernád rivers. Compared with the rougher, Slovak side of the area the Cserehát is undulating and covered with forest. It also has a thriving wildlife. Visitors will see a lot of foxes and deer. The usually shy wild boars are less visible, but also present in large numbers.
Please visit our website www.irotaecolodge.com and click on Contact & Route.
Please only use the price calculator for determining the final price.
Please note that usage-based cost can occur additionally. If you have any questions please get in touch with the owner directly.
credit card, cash payment, transfer, cash card
No-show/cancellation within 14 days of arrival we charge 50% of total rental sum.
For bookings in July and August:
- Cancellation after booking we charge 50% of the total rental sum
- No-show/cancellation within 14 days of arrival we charge 100% of total rental sum.
Prices include VAT and all other applicable taxes and fees.
Cash payments can be made in Euros or Hungarian Forints.
No reviews have been submitted for this accommodation. Write the first review now!